RENOVATIONS WILL BE UNDER WAY TO
UPDATE AND IMPROVE OUR FACILITY!
The pool will be closed for renovations from July 1 to September 15.
Hot tub: Friday, June 29 at 5:30pm
Pool, sauna and steam room: Saturday, June 30 at 6:00pm
WE WILL BE INSTALLING
- A new accessible hot tub built to 2018 standards.
- A new deck with smaller tiles to reduce slip and falls.
- A new bright LED lighting system that will conserve energy.
- An expanded on-deck viewing area.
- A hydraulic lift for pool accessibility.
WHILE WE RENOVATE THE POOL, YOU CAN RENOVATE YOUR WORKOUTS!
- We’ve added new dryland classes to keep you moving while the pool is closed
(click here to see our Sea to Land schedule).
- Members can access swimming pools at Southland Leisure Centre and Repsol Sport Centre at no cost when showing their JCC membership card.
For more information contact our Customer Service Desk at 403-253-8600, ext.0
STRENGTH AND URBAN POLING
Urban Poling, also known as Nordic Pole Walking, is a wonderful activity for people of all ages and abilities because it reduces stress on your hips, knees, and ankle joints. The poles promote greater stability, balance and posture as you walk offering a total body workout. Literally everyone who can walk, and many who have difficulty walking, can enjoy urban poling. It is our goal to venture outdoors once we learn the basics and practice walking with poles. Urban poles will be provided for your use.
BUILDING BONES AND CARDIO
Let’s be proactive rather than reactive. Join us for a regimen of weight baring exercises to improve bone, muscle strength, and balance. Light weights or therabands will be provided.
There will be a short break from July 23 to August 6, 2018. Classes resume after the long weekend on Tuesday, August 7.
For more information about these classes, please email LeAnne Crane.