When is Jewish Food Month? All year round!
That’s why we want you to start the Jewish New Year showcasing you best dishes from any Jewish cuisine: Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Israeli, Moroccan, Bukharian, etc.
Show us the delicious results, provide the recipe, and win mouth-watering prizes (to be revealed soon)! Submission deadline: September 1, 2017. Email your image along with your name, email, photo title, description/comments, and recipe. See contest rules below.
A few photo tips:
1. Food shots taken with smart phones will work well if the lighting is good.
2. You want the food close enough to see in detail…
3. But far enough away to know what it is and see the entire dish.
4. Food only, no people please.
• Your dish featured in Karen’s Café menu during the High Holiday season (subject to allowed ingredients)
• Samples of your dish at the closing reception
• Karen's Café gift certificate
• Jewish cookbook
• $50 Gift certificate to Margarita’s Restaurant
• Jewish cookbook
• $10 Gift Certificate from Frank and Mable’s
• Jewish Cookbook
Thank You to Our Co-Sponsors:
Karen’s Café, Margarita’s Restaurant, Frank and Mable’s, and Owl’s Nest Books.
Entries will be unveiled at the Photo Exhibit Opening on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
Winners will be announced at the Closing Reception on Monday, September 18 | 6:00 to 7:30pm.
1. Submit up to five photos of your dishes.
2. All photo submissions must be original work.
3. Submissions must be emailed along with contact information as outlined above.
4. Digital files must be between 2MB and 5MB, in JPEG or JPG format.
5. Photos must be received by 12 noon MT on September 1, 2017.
6. Voting will begin on September 5 and run until September 17, 2017
7. Winners will be announced on September 18, 2017 at the closing reception.
For more information please email Shula Banchik.