Graphic Designer, Part-Time
Calgary JCC and Calgary Jewish Federation are looking for a part-time graphic designer to contribute to the development and production of marketing and promotional materials supporting the activities and services of both agencies. The graphic designer will work with the creative director to design posters, brochures, advertisements, and other materials in a MAC environment. Salary commensurate with experience. Applicant must have:
- Post-secondary qualification in graphic design for print and web or related discipline
- Minimum two years of graphic design experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of and experience in web design and maintenance
- Experience with digital film editing an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Anita Jong, Creative Director by May 25.
Youth and Teen Program Coordinator
The Calgary JCC is in search of a Teen Program Coordinator. This is an exciting position, great for anyone looking to make an impact in the community. Be at the helm of three amazing community initiatives: BBYO, Teen Connect and JCC Maccabi Games! Help Jewish teens engage with their community and their peers.
This is a full-time position that requires some evening and weekend work and occasional travel.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Enjoys working with youth and teens in the community
- Is interested in helping teens develop leadership skills
- Wants to be a role model and mentor to motivated individuals
- Likes to travel and be part of a group
- Enjoys event planning and management
- Have a knack for inspiring others to take action
- Is passionate about philanthropy, community service and fund development
- Be currently enrolled in or have completed a post secondary education program in a related field is an asset (e.g. Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Recreation).
- Previous employment or volunteer experience working with youth or teens is a requirement.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Joel Zimmerman by April 30.
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Darrian Doucet, Aquatics Coordinator.