Director of Operations
Calgary JCC is actively seeking a Director of Operations to join our dynamic and experienced management team. This management position is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating and supervising the maintenance team
- Overseeing the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring of all heating, ventilating, air conditioning, water, electric, and other systems to ensure efficient operation
- Conducting monthly facility inspections and generating monthly inspection reports, as well as a plan for follow-up
- Negotiating contracts with vendors and providing oversight of contract workers
- Developing the facility budget and capital budget, together with the Finance Director and Executive Director
- Maintaining compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Overseeing the security needs and systems of the facility and managing the contract security guards
- Performing minor repairs when needed and training maintenance staff in this regard
- Other areas of responsibility may be included, depending on applicant’s training and experience, which will determine pay structure / salary.
- Minimum five years of building operations experience
- Strong ability to supervise staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Building Operations certificate an asset
- Pool Operations certificate an asset.
Please email your resume in confidence by March 25, 2018 to: Lynne Preston, Executive Director. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Youth and Teen Program Coordinator
The Calgary JCC is in search of a Teen Program Coordinator. This is an exciting position, great for anyone looking to make an impact in the community. Be at the helm of three amazing community initiatives: BBYO, Teen Connect and JCC Maccabi Games! Help Jewish teens engage with their community and their peers.
This is a full-time position that requires some evening and weekend work and occasional travel.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Enjoys working with youth and teens in the community
- Is interested in helping teens develop leadership skills
- Wants to be a role model and mentor to motivated individuals
- Likes to travel and be part of a group
- Enjoys event planning and management
- Have a knack for inspiring others to take action
- Is passionate about philanthropy, community service and fund development
- Be currently enrolled in or have completed a post secondary education program in a related field is an asset (e.g. Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Recreation).
- Previous employment or volunteer experience working with youth or teens is a requirement.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Joel Zimmerman by April 30. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Out of School Care Program Staff / Relief Worker*
The Calgary JCC's licensed and pre-accredited Out of School Care program is in search of a Program Staff / Relief Worker. We are seeking mature, responsible candidates who are enthusiastic about working with children. Ideal candidates will be able to work individually and as part of a larger team of Out of School Care professionals. An ideal position for university students seeking an entry level job in the child care field!
We expect our Out of School Care program staff to be punctual, organized, and ready to set the tone for a positive after care experience!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Daily supervision of children within assigned programs
- Assist with program development, maintenance, and implementation
- Make sure children are safe and behaving appropriately
- Offer and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities
- Making sure equipment is safe, clean and replaced if needed
- Day-to-day cleaning and organizational tasks
- Keep the classroom up to licensing/accreditation standards
- Daily communication with parents
Must keep in mind we do many different activities in the Out of School Care program!
Job Type: Part-time shifts and relief work
Salary: $13.60 to $15.00/hour, depending on experience
Required experience: One year of previous child care experience is preferred
Required education: High school diploma or equivalency
Required licenses or certifications:
- Certification as a Child Development Worker (formerly Level 1) or higher
- Criminal Record Check (must be obtained within 3 months of job start date)
- First Aid & CPR
*Must be 18+ years old to apply
Please email your resume to Ryan Pratt, Children's Program and Camp Manager
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Darrian Doucet, Aquatics Coordinator.