Calgary JCC and Calgary Jewish Federation are looking for a part-time graphic designer to contribute to the development and production of marketing and promotional materials supporting the activities and services of both agencies. The graphic designer will work with the Creative Director to design posters, brochures, flyers, advertisements and other materials in a MAC environment. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicant must have:
• Post-secondary qualification in graphic design for print / web or related discipline
• Minimum of two years graphic design experience
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Knowledge of and experience in web design and maintenance
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with video editing an asset.
Please email your resume (along with a link to your online portfolio) to Anita Jong, Creative Director by September 8, 2017.
Arts, Culture and Israeli Programs Manager
This is a one-year, full-time contract position in the Arts and Culture Department at the JCC. The goals of this position are to promote affiliation to the Jewish community by providing cultural arts-based programs and activities in order to enrich Jewish life, help nurture awareness and appreciation of Jewish values, and encourage constructive, positive identification with Israel. Some of the events to plan and implement: Jewish Book Festival, Shabbat Dinners, Welcome Shabbat programs, Jewish holidays programs (including Community Passover Seder), Yom Haisha, Israel Month (including Yom HaZikaron and Yom HaAtzmaut), Bark Mitzvah, and others.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Program cultural arts courses and workshops for all ages and abilities
- Program Jewish holidays activities and displays
- Program cultural and recreational events
- Facilitate gatherings for different social groups
- Enhance the quality of current programs
- Develop new innovative arts programming, with an emphasis on Jewish values, customs and expression
- Outreach – discover new target markets, improve attendance, develop systems for tracking participants
- Strong Judaic and arts background
- Experience in arts and culture or related program development
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, manage time, problem solve, and be detail-oriented with follow-through
- Excellent communication skills and volunteer management both within and outside of the organization
- Experience in the creation, implementation and management of event and departmental budgets
- Ability to build community through collaborations, ability to outreach and network across cultural and ethnic groups
- Top event planning skills
Open until the suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those who most closely match our requirements will be contacted.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Shula Banchik - Arts, Culture and Israeli Programs Manager.
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership. Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current. Please email your resume to Darrian Doucet, Aquatics Coordinator.