On Call Maintenance Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has maintenance and custodial experience. On call staff will be requested to work relief shifts mainly during weekends and potentially on some weekday evening shifts.
- Setting up rooms for meetings/events, janitorial, and light maintenance work. Set ups include moving tables/chairs and connecting AV equipment such as projectors and microphones.
- Cleaning of locker rooms.
- Reporting any facility or equipment repairs to the Facilities Director.
- The early weekend shift is responsible for opening the building, turning on lights, and checking washrooms and locker rooms for readiness.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding chemical labels and safety notices.
- Positive customer service skills.
- Preference given to individuals familiar with WHMIS.
- This individual must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.
Please email your resume by Thursday, July 26, 2018 to Rik Swanink, Facilities Director.
Out of School Care Program Staff
Calgary JCC's licensed and pre-accredited Out of School Care (OSC) Program is in search of full-time staff. We are seeking mature, responsible candidates who are enthusiastic about working with children. Ideal candidates will be able to work individually and as part of a larger team. This is an ideal position for new graduates looking to gain experience in the childcare field. Relevant university childcare degree or one year of previous childcare experience is preferred. We expect our OSC Program staff to be punctual, organized, and ready to set the tone for a positive childcare experience!
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Daily supervision of children within assigned programs
• Assist with program development, maintenance, and implementation
• Make sure children are safe and behaving appropriately
• Offer and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities
• Making sure equipment is safe, clean, and replaced if needed
• Day-to-day cleaning and organizational tasks
• Keep the classroom up to licensing/accreditation standards
• Daily communication with parents
Required Licenses or Certifications
• Certification as a Child Development Assistant (formerly Level 1) or higher
• Criminal record check (must be obtained within three months of job start date)
• First Aid & CPR
Please email your resume to Doralynn Fiddler, Children's Programs Coordinator.
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Darrian Doucet, Aquatics Coordinator.